You are here:
Home Page > Community Development > Housing Programs
- Heritage Home Loan Program
- Heritage Home Program -- Cuyahoga County has many wonderful older homes that were built to last. These homes are part of our heritage and we can help you preserve them. The County partners with your city and the Cleveland Restoration Society to offer low interest loans that provide the funds you need to modernize and make energy efficiency improvements. The Society’s team of old house experts will give you technical advice regarding the construction process. There are no income restrictions and investment properties are eligible. For program parameters and participating cities, please review the Cleveland Restoration Society’s website: http://www.heritagehomeprogram.org/
- Home Weatherization Assistance Program
- The Home Weatherization Assistance Program provides free energy efficiency improvements to eligible homeowners and renters in Cuyahoga County, outside the City of Cleveland, at no cost to the household.
- Housing Enhancement Loan Program (HELP)
- The Home Enhancement Loan Program allows homeowners in all of Cuyahoga County communities except Bentleyville, Chagrin Falls Township, and Hunting Valley to borrow money for repairing or remodeling homes at three percentage points below a bank’s market rate for home improvement loans. HELP has no restrictions on a borrower’s income and few limitations on what improvements can be made to a property. Both owner occupied and investment properties are eligible. Applications are available at any bank branch of these participating banks: Huntington Bank, KeyBank, and PNC Bank.
- Four Component (4COM) Home Repair Loan Program
- The Four Component (4COM) Home Repair Loan Program enables eligible low-and-moderate income homeowners to make repairs or replacements to the following four components (4COM) of a home: Roof, Electrical, Plumbing (including sanitary sewer connections), and HVAC/Furnace. These home improvements help maintain the quality of their housing and create a positive effect in the surrounding neighborhood..
- Housing Revenue Bond Program
- Multi-family Housing Bonds are available to nonprofit and for profit developers to purchase, construct, or rehabilitate multi-family housing projects. Housing revenue bonds, if properly structured, are exempt from registration under the Securities Act of 1933 as amended and, therefore, avoid the costs and time applicable to registration.
- Lead Safe Program
- The Cuyahoga County Lead Safe Program enables eligible low-and-moderate income homeowners and renters in all 58 Cuyahoga suburbs outside the City of Cleveland to make changes in their homes to provide a lead safe environment for young children.
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program
- The Housing and Economic Recovery Act (HERA) was enacted on July 30, 2008 and created the Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) and appropriated $3.92 billion to be distributed to states and local governments to address the effects of abandoned and foreclosed properties in the nation’s communities. Cuyahoga County received $11.2 million of these funds. The $11.2 million awarded to Cuyahoga County will be used to deal with vacant and foreclosed housing located in 50 suburbs making up the Cuyahoga Urban County. These are the same 50 suburbs in which Development can make housing rehabilitation loans and Municipal Grants.
Educational outreach is important for a successful Fair Housing Program. The County conducts and sponsors workshops, training seminars and conferences. The Department contracts with private non-profit agencies to provide the following services: Discrimination Complaint, Insurance Audits, Landlord/Tenant Counseling, Monitors Lending and Local Real Estate Practices, Diversity Opportunity Purchases, and Predatory Lending Prevention.
For individualized assistance we contract with Cleveland Tenants' Organization
), Housing Advocates, Inc.
, and Housing Research and Advocacy Center
. For additional Fair Housing services, individuals can call United Way’s First Call for Help at 211.
Down Payment Assistance Program
The Cuyahoga County Down Payment Assistance Program is administered by Neighborhood Housing Services
on behalf of the County. Funds are available to income qualified homebuyers for eligible costs including title search, legal fees, and closing costs. Interested individuals can also contact Neighborhood Housing Services directly at 216-458-HOME.